Real Magnet, based in Bethesda MD, is a leading Email Services Provider (ESP) with over 1,000 clients across a range of industries, from associations, to publishing, hospitality and education. Learn more about us at www.realmagnet.com.
Real Magnet is seeking a talented individual for its Junior Deliverability Specialist position for its SaaS-based email and social messaging application. The successful candidate will report to the VP of Operations, supporting the operations and development teams with a prominence upon messaging deliverability. This candidate will possess the ability to manage and troubleshoot fundamental server services, emphasizing on SMTP and DNS as well as be comfortable working with e-mail messaging “best practices” within a live production server environment. As the junior member of a team of highly skilled messaging deliverability specialists, the candidate must be eager to learn advanced e-mail deliverability practices and the use of tools for monitoring messaging deliverability and the onboarding of new customers into the Real Magnet messaging enterprise. Excellent communications skills and the ability to multi task are a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with Real Magnet customers to monitor and improve e-mail deliverability utilizing various methodologies and tools while implementing known good practices.
- Responsible for identifying potential deliverability issues for clients and Real Magnet staff. Make recommendations and assist in resolving and / or escalating issues to effectively address issues.
- Provisioning of new customers with a new IP address and/or new DNS records for recommended sending domain. Be responsible to consult with new customers on new sending best practices, as well as providing/updating DNS records for new customers.
- Monitor the IP addresses and sending domains and make recommended changes where appropriate.
- Monitor reports to identify deliverability related issues and provide corrective recommendations.
- Recommend changes to the automated and manual systems used by Real Magnet to monitor deliverability.
- Provide recommendations to Real Magnet clients for list management, list hygiene and best practices.
- Keep abreast of technologies and industry trends in the email and anti-spam communities.
- Create reports to and review deliverability data and make suggestions to improve deliverability based on that data.
- Works with all Real Magnet departments to deliver tactical solutions to meet client needs.
- Work with the technical and account management teams to assist in the diagnosing of emailing practices that impact deliverability.
- Enforce compliancy around our privacy and anti-spam policies among clients and ensure clients follow our sending guidelines and thresholds and that they are in compliance with ISP sender guidelines and email domain authentication protocols such as ‘SPF’ and ‘DKIM’.
- Put in place deliverability improvement programs for clients that require our help.
- Consult with company’s client base on email deliverability and optimization of best practices.
- Review bounce logs and provide support/education as needed.
Experience & Responsibilities:
- 2-4 years’ experience in a related environment
- Conceptual understanding of SMTP, DNS & TCP/IP
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2008 / 2008r2
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude and strong initiative to face challenges of a very fast-paced, high-energy organization.
- Aptitude to consistently learn new technologies and apply those concepts to customer’s needs.
- Capability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks.
- Effective collaborator with proven process improvement skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Cooperate with Real Magnet team members to meet goals or complete tasks.
- Keep up-to-date on technology trends, developments & best practices.
- Passionate about good customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Capacity to develop & leverage competitive knowledge in sales situations.
Real Magnet is a growing player in a market that is expected to double by 2015. More than 1,000 organizations are using its solutions to communicate with customers and prospects. Its working environment is fast-paced, results-oriented with a strong team-oriented approach. Compensation is based on experience and skill levels. Other benefits include paid healthcare and vacation, 401(k), and more.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.