Real Magnet, based in Bethesda MD, is a leading Email Services Provider (ESP) with over 1,000 clients across a range of industries, from associations, to publishing, hospitality and education. Learn more about us at www.realmagnet.com
As the Manager of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for the internal and external communications (requiring extensive writing) of Real Magnet’s products and services. You also will play a pivotal role in the communications surrounding a re-positioning of the Company based on upcoming major product releases. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to understand and translate technical capabilities into benefits are crucial.
- Develop product messaging that positions the Company as a bona fide player in the hyper-competitive email, social, and marketing automation services sector.
- Build awareness programs that promote the Company’s new positioning and products.
- Plan the launch of new releases, features, and products and upselling campaigns that focus on exposing existing features and functionality to existing customers.
- Communicate the value proposition of products to the sales and support teams and develop the materials that support the selling and customer education process, including the development of user documentation.
- Ownership of Company’s blog and website as well as playing a leading role in developing and distribution of Thought Leadership pieces.
- Support retention of existing clients through communication and events
- Collaborate with all levels of staff in corporate, sales, support, operations, and development.
- Development and refining of sales presentations and collateral from concept development to publication – primarily responsibilities include writing marketing copy and working with internal design teams to facilitate the development of images and diagrams to communicate complex technical concepts in a business-friendly manner.
- At least 5 years of software product marketing experience
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with SaaS-based software platforms, ideally related to online marketing
- Strong analytical orientation–must crave data, and be able to articulate the business impact
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- High energy level, sense of urgency, responsive, confident, thorough, not afraid to make decisions
- Strong work ethic, resourceful, creative and innovative
- Results oriented team player who leads by example, holds self accountable for performance, takes ownership, champions efforts with enthusiasm and conviction
- Strong problem solver with a common-sense and practical solutions approach.
Real Magnet is a growing player in a market that is expected to double by 2015. More than 1,000 organizations are using its solutions to communicate with customers and prospects. Its working environment is fast-paced, results-oriented with a strong team-oriented approach. Compensation is based on experience and skill levels. Other benefits include paid healthcare and vacation, 401(k), and more.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.