The 3 Essential Benefits of Marketing Automation for Associations
If your association is like most, there are things you’d like to improve about the way you communicate with your members and prospects – from renewals to annual meeting invitations to member engagement campaigns, associations today find their capabilities stretched thin.
What if you could structure your communications so that each member and prospect receives tailored and relevant messages, all triggered automatically at precisely the right time for each individual?
Marketing Automation is the answer. It is purpose-built to send the right message to the right person at the right time, and its benefits to member-based organizations include:
Marketing Automation automates labor-intensive processes that would otherwise be performed manually, such as:
- Scheduling and managing multi-message email campaigns
- Segmenting/routing campaign participants according to their email opens, clicks, and other actions
- Syncing campaign data with your AMS (importing participant data, exporting campaign results)
Improved Insights into Member and Prospect Behavior
Marketing Automation continually gathers information on member and prospect actions such as renewals, registrations, purchases, email opens, white paper downloads and much more. All of this data is stored to enrich your member profiles, helping you to:
- Better understand your audiences through each individual’s interests and past actions
- Measure member/prospect engagement (identify most-engaged and least-engaged individuals)
- Analyze the effectiveness of each campaign via state-of-the art reporting
Improved Retention and Prospect Nurturing
Marketing Automation significantly enhances your ability to communicate with your entire constituent universe on an individual basis:
- For current members, imagine a message campaign that is automatically triggered to each individual 90 days before his/her personal renewal date, with the messages tailored to reflect each member’s interests and level of activity over the past year, along with any special calls to action you would like to offer.
- For non-members, an example might be that a prospect visits your website and registers for an event or signs up to receive a newsletter – your marketing automation solution will follow up instantly and automatically with an appropriate message campaign that you’ve chosen – perhaps a membership offer or a survey capturing the reasons for their interest in that material.
With Marketing Automation, these messages are sent at exactly the right time for each recipient and are never forgotten or delayed.
Marketing Automation improves not only your association’s bottom line, but also the work flows of your marketing and membership teams. It frees staff to focus on higher-priority initiatives, identifies which campaigns are generating results and achieving objectives, and improves member and prospect experiences.
We invite you to continue exploring Marketing Automation for associations and would welcome your insights!