The 3 Essential Benefits of Marketing Automation for Publishers
If you’re like most publishers, there are things you’d like to improve about the way you communicate with your subscribers and prospects. From renewals to webinar invitations to nurturing campaigns, publishers today find their capabilities stretched thin.
What if you could structure your communications so that each subscriber and prospect receives tailored and relevant messages, all triggered automatically at precisely the right time for each individual?
Marketing Automation is the answer. It is purpose-built to send the right message to the right person at the right time, and its benefits to subscription- and advertising-based publishers include:
Marketing Automation automates labor-intensive processes that would otherwise be performed manually, such as:
- Scheduling and managing multi-message email campaigns
- Segmenting/routing campaign participants according to their email opens, clicks, and other actions
- Syncing data with customer databases (importing participant data, exporting
Improved Insights into Customer and Prospect Behavior
Marketing Automation continually gathers information on member and prospect actions such as renewals, registrations, purchases, email opens, white paper downloads and much more. All of this data is stored to enrich your member profiles, helping you to:
- Better understand your audiences through each individual’s interests and past actions
- Measure customer/prospect engagement (identify most-engaged and least-engaged individuals)
- Analyze the effectiveness of each campaign via state-of-the art reporting
Improved Retention and Prospect Nurturing
Marketing Automation significantly enhances your ability to communicate with your entire constituent universe on an individual basis:
- For cross-selling/upselling, an example might be that a subscriber clicks a link in an email or visits a section of your website that indicates an interest in a topic for which you have an additional publication – your marketing automation solution will follow up instantly and automatically with an appropriate message campaign that promotes that additional publication.
- For renewals, imagine a message campaign that is automatically triggered to each individual 90 days before his/her personal renewal date, with the messages tailored to reflect each person’s interests and level of activity over the past year, along with any special calls to action you would like to offer.
With Marketing Automation, these messages are sent at exactly the right time for each recipient and are never forgotten or delayed.
Marketing Automation improves not only your bottom line, but also the workflow of your marketing and audience development teams. It frees staff to focus on higher-priority initiatives, identifies which campaigns are generating results and achieving objectives, and improves customer and prospect experiences.
We invite you to continue exploring Marketing Automation for publishers and would welcome your insights!