Measuring Subscriber Engagement is WORTHLESS
… if you don’t take that information and do something with it – again and again and again.
Here’s the situation:
Today, a Google search on the term “subscriber engagement” generated over 16,000 results. This shows us that plenty of people are writing about subscriber engagement – what it is and how to measure it. It’s an important concept and the fact that discussion exists is a good thing.
What’s missing from the conversation, however, is anything new and helpful about what to do with that information. What’s missing is good news about how to take our improved understanding of the engagement levels and engagement types of our subscribers and use that information to actually INCREASE their engagement and move our company towards its business objectives.
That missing element, the usage of engagement information as a basis for tangible action, has a name, and that name is Marketing Automation.
While it might sound a little tedious, Marketing Automation is incredibly flexible, incredibly interesting, and incredibly good news for publishers.
What Marketing Automation brings to the “subscriber engagement” conversation is TRIGGERING – the automatic sending of email messages to whoever fits certain criteria that you have set up in advance.
Triggering lets you forget about running reports and manually sending out emails – the system will do it for you! Imagine the convenience of knowing that appropriate messages would automatically be sent to subscribers in the following situations:
- An under-engaged subscriber 90 days before his/her individual renewal date
- A new subscriber who joined 21 days ago and has not yet logged into the subscriber-only section of your website or online community
- Any subscriber whose visit to your website demonstrates an interest in a topic for which you have another publication
- Anyone who failed to open any of the emails you sent about a certain topic
- Anyone who registered for a webinar or other event you held last year and has not yet registered for the equivalent event this year
While there is great benefit in monitoring and scoring subscriber engagement, the great untapped potential for publishers is in taking action – the good news is that technology now exists that has been purpose-built specifically to help publishers do this, easily and affordably!
Real Magnet Marketing Automation was developed specifically for publishers and puts the power of triggering in your hands. Its core characteristics include:
- Affordable and Easy to Use (think “there’s an app for that”)
- Pre-built templates for campaigns commonly used by Publishers, like Welcome campaigns, Subscriber Renewal campaigns, Event/Webinar/Conference Promotion campaigns, Re-Engagement campaigns, and much more
- Integrated with your CRM/Subscriber Database/Fulfillment system
Marketing Automation improves not only your bottom line, but also the workflow of your marketing and audience development teams. It frees staff to focus on higher-priority initiatives, identifies which campaigns are generating results and achieving objectives, and improves customer and prospect experiences.
We invite you to continue exploring Marketing Automation for Publishers and would welcome your insights!