The 3 Essential Benefits of Marketing Automation
If you’re like most organizations, there are things you’d like to improve about the way you communicate with your prospects and customers. You can envision the ideal sequence of messages that you’d like each of your various audiences to receive, but it’s challenging to ensure that all the different messages for lead generation, lead nurturing, new customer onboarding, customer cross-selling/upselling and customer retention takes place at just the right time for each individual recipient.
What if you could structure your communications so that each customer and prospect receives tailored and relevant messages, all triggered automatically at precisely the right time for each individual?
Marketing Automation is the answer. It is purpose-built to send the right message to the right person at the right time, and its benefits include:
Marketing Automation automates labor-intensive processes that would otherwise be performed manually, such as:
- Scheduling and managing multi-message email campaigns
- Segmenting/routing campaign participants according to their email opens, clicks, and other actions
- Syncing data with customer databases (importing participant data, exporting campaign results)
Improved Insights into Customer and Prospect Behavior
Marketing Automation continually gathers information on prospect and customer actions such as email opens and clicks, webinar/event registrations, white paper downloads, website visits, online purchases and much more. All of this data is stored to enrich your customer profiles, helping you to:
- Better understand your audiences through each individual’s interests and past actions
- Measure customer/prospect engagement (identify most-engaged and least-engaged individuals)
- Analyze the effectiveness of each campaign via state-of-the art reporting
Improved Prospect Nurturing and Customer Retention
Marketing Automation significantly enhances your ability to communicate in a relevant and timely fashion with your entire universe of contacts on an individual basis:
- For prospects, one example would be that an individual opens one of your emails and downloads a white paper, then visits your website and clicks through to an especially meaningful page (“how to buy/join/subscribe”, perhaps, or a description of your services) – your marketing automation solution will track these activities and automatically enter this prospect into an appropriate message campaign that you’ve chosen, and will also send a notification message to the correct person on your Sales team!
- For current customers, imagine a message campaign that is automatically triggered to each new customer at a specified time period after their initial purchase – depending on your business, this campaign could send a series of messages that promote training options, cross-selling/upselling offers, a customer feedback survey, referral requests and/or anything else that you would like each new customer of this type to receive, all automatically and without requiring any staff involvement.
With Marketing Automation, these messages are sent at exactly the right time for each recipient and are never forgotten or delayed.
Marketing Automation improves not only your bottom line, but also the workflow of your marketing and communications teams. It frees staff to focus on higher-priority initiatives, identifies which campaigns are generating optimal results and achieving objectives, and improves customer and prospect experiences.
We invite you to continue exploring Marketing Automation and would welcome your insights!