Real Magnet Reports are designed to give you the big picture on how your email program is performing, by rolling up key metrics and actionable findings into quick analyses.
Over 60 standard reports are available with a click, covering items such as delivered, opens, clicks, bounces, unsubscribes and more. Additionally, “recipient level” reports lets you view your email program from the individual subscriber perspective. Report examples include:
- Highest and lowest click through rate messages by subject line
- Highest and lowest messages ranked by unsubscribe rate
- Bounce rate trends
- Subscribers who have not opened a message over a date range
- Number of messages recipients have received within a date range
- Comparative message and subject line results
Unprecedented Insights into Email vs. Social Performance
Real Magnet’s unique integration with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn yields reports offering unprecedented insights into the performance of your email and social communications. Is it better to Tweet before, during, or after the deployment of an email message? What’s the best time to Post to Facebook? Which channel yields more clicks in an integrated campaign? Answers to these and other revealing questions are found in Real Magnet’s Social Report.
Example of Social Reports include:
- Growth in followers and fans, individually and comparatively
- Performance of all tweets or Facebook posts per campaign or over a set time
- Performance of email vs. Twitter vs. Facebook per campaign or over a set time
- Email vs. Twitter vs. Facebook click comparison per campaign or over a set time
- Fans and followers interacting with content on a mobile device vs. PC
Custom Reports and Dashboard
Make any standard report your own by modifying a wide-range of parameters. Then simply save the report as a custom report to re-run it automatically at any time.
Real Magnet also offers a fully customizable Dashboard that can be populated with any report. You’ll get a default Dashboard that covers popular reports, such as send, open rate and click trends. But users can easily replace the defaults with any other standard or custom report!